In this tutorial, i tell you how you can install WordPress in cPanel. I wrote the following steps using HostGator account, dashboard steps can be different from your hosting provider but the steps of cPanel are same to install WordPress.
Step 1 Login
Before you install WordPress in your cPanel, login to your hosting account by entering your credentials and go to cPanel or directly log-in to your cPanel.
If you bought hosting from HostGator then follow these steps to get into your cPanel:
1. Once you login to your dashboard, click Hosting from left sidebar menu.
2. On the next page, under your domain name, click cPanel.
Step 2 Open WordPress Installer
Once you open your cPanel, scroll to the Softaculous App Installer and click on WordPress from the list.
You can simply search it by pressing CTRL + F function from your keyboard.
Step 3 Install Now
On the next screen, press Install Now button.
Step 4 Enter Detail
In this step, you need to fill out all information to install WordPress on your domain:
- Under software setup, choose the version of WordPress (I would like to recommend you choose latest version) and select your domain name at which you want to install WordPress.
- Under Site Settings, enter your site name and description.
- Under Admin Account, enter admin username, password, and email (I would like to recommend you save these credentials in your Word or Excel file for future use).
- Under Choose Language, select the language of your WordPress site.
- Under Select Plugin(s), check the boxes if you want to add these plugins in your WordPress site.
Step 5 Installation Process
Press Install Now button at the end. WordPress installation process will start.
Congratulations, the software was installed successfully!
Now, you can get access to your WordPress dashboard by entering “slash wp-admin” after your domain name. For example: www.inforary.com/wp-admin
How to Install WordPress in cPanel | HostGator (Video Guide)
CHECK OUT OUR TUTORIAL:
What do you want to do with your website once you install WordPress on your domain? Share with us in comment section.