Start a blog and make money from it every month (Step by Step Blogging Guide)
Inforary helps a lot of people like you to start a blog and get paid by blogging. After all, what is better than following your passion and earn passive money from it.
Without any further delay, let us learn how you can start a blog. In this guide, you will read some theory and you will get practical knowledge.
To start a blog, here are the steps:
- Pick your blog topic
- Pick your domain name and hosting
- Build a social media presence
- Build a blog using WordPress CMS
- Make your blog search engine friendly
- Write your first article
- Start sharing your article with world
- Track your blog
- Monetize your blog
1. Pick your Blog Topic
Firstly, find the topic of your blog on which you are going to start a blog. This will be your niche of blog in which you will market your blog. For example: I choose “Make Money online” as a topic and my blog niche is “blogging”.
Here are the tips to choose a topic and get started:
1. Choose a topic which you know better.
2. Choose a topic in which you have interest.
That is important step so choose it wisely. Make sure that you have keen interest in it so you will not burn out from it as it will help you to pick a topic that you are most passionate about. If you will pick a topic that you like to read about, talk about and write about, it will ensure that you are not going to burn out from it when your blog will go live. So, I can assume that you pick a right topic for your blog which can make money for you.
2. Pick your Domain Name and Hosting
2.1 Domain name: Domain is the URL of your blog through which users can visit your blog.
For example: www.inforary.com
We need to pay $15 per year approximately to purchase a domain from a domain provider company. However, I share a link bellow through which you can buy a domain name free for one year.
Take care of following rules when you are going to pick a domain name for your blog:
1. Prefer dot com (.com) domain name
2. Easy to remember
3. Easy to pronounce
4. Easy to type
Use HostGator Domain Search to check the availability of your domain. Simply enter the name of your topic which you select for your blog and it will suggest you available domain names. You can also use your own name as a domain name; it is up to you that how you like it. But, make sure that it is easy to remember, type, pronounce and it is not too long.
2.2 Hosting: Web-hosting is memory of your blog where you keep your blog files to be viewed in the internet.
There are plenty of hosting providers but:
HostGator is the best choice for you as it offers a lot of features just in $3.95/month:
1. Free Domain
2. One Click Installs
3. Unmetered Bandwidth
4. Email Marketing Included (NEW)
How to buy domain and hosting from HostGator
3. Build your Social Media presence
Nowadays, social media has worth in market. That is important that you have to create social media presence for your blog to increase your fan following and to get visitors at your website. Here are some recommended social media platforms:
1. How to create Facebook page
2. How to create Instagram business profile
3. How to create Twitter profile
4. How to create LinkedIn company page
5. How to create YouTube channel
4. Build a blog using WordPress CMS
Once you are done buying domain + hosting, HostGator will automatically install the WordPress software on your domain name. Now, you need to build your blog on WordPress before you write first article.
Here are couple of articles, which you should read to learn about WordPress:
How to install WordPress in cPanel
How to install theme in WordPress
How to install plugin in WordPress
How to create a page in WordPress
How to create a post in WordPress
5. Make your Blog Search Engine Friendly
Once you are done with building your blog, you have to make your blog search engine friendly so you can rank it in search engines to get the visitors to your blog. Here are the techniques to make a WordPress website SEO optimized:
- Create high quality content
- Build mobile-friendly website
- Speed up your website
- Basic site setting
- SEO plugin
Here is full guide: How to do WordPress SEO
6. Write your First Article
Now, here real fun begins, writing your first article.
Here are few tips when you are going to write your first article:
1. Post title should be clear and related to your article.
2. Use your focus keyword in your post title for better ranking in search engines.
3. Feel free to write 500+ word in your post.
4. Your content should cover all the aspects of the topic you are writing about.
5. Use headings, paragraph, and images in your article to make it clearer and interesting for your readers. Also, that is a good practice for on-page SEO.
6. Do not copy paste content (text, images, and videos etc.) from internet specially from Google. You can use copyright free websites to download images.
6.1 How to Create a Post in WordPress?
Here is step by step guide for newbies to create a post in WordPress
7. Start Sharing your Article with World
Your blog is live, and you finished writing your first article. Now, it is time to share your article with world to drive traffic to your blog.
There are many techniques to get traffic to your newly blog.
How to do Off-Page SEO
Do sharing of each article on daily basis (Schedule is up to you) on social media and article submission websites to get traffic to your blog.
8. Track your Blog
You can track your blog traffic to watch your visitor analytics on daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis.
Here are few suggested Analytics tracker:
1. Google Analytics (free)
2. Alexa (free & paid)
3. SEMrush (paid)
4. AHref (free)
How to add website in Google Analytics
9. Monetize your blog
There are many ways by which you can earn passive money from your blog.
How many posts should you post daily?
The idea is to post article on daily basis. You can post one article each day. If you are writing 2000+ words in one article, then 2-3 articles in a week is great number.
When can you start putting ads on your blog?
I would like to recommend you put ads on your blog when you feel that you have enough traffic on your blog to earn money from it.
Welcome to the World Blogging
In this tutorial, I tried to cover as much as i can for a newbie to get started his own blog and get paid by blogging. But, if you still have a question, feel free to ask in comment section.
Sharing is Caring
If you like this article, share it with others who wanted to start a blog and or willing to make some money online. My 3-year-old niece told me that sharing is caring. 😊